Our caring dentists and team know that visiting the dentist can be a source of great stress, anxiety, and even fear. At Cosmo Dental Office, your comfort and care are our top priority, and we take steps to help ensure that you feel safe and at ease while meeting with Dr. Haleh Karimian and Dr. Lily Patil. We have provided some information on this page, but we also encourage you to contact us at 408-779-9393 to learn more about our patient comfort measures and make your next appointment at our friendly dental practice in Morgan Hill, California.
If you experience dental anxiety or fear, don’t worry. This is completely normal. However, when that anxiety and fear prevents you from seeking all dental treatment, including preventive care, it becomes a problem. Our dentists and team care about you, and do everything they can to help reduce your anxieties and fears and increase your comfort levels and provide you with the dental care you need.
Here are a few suggestions to help minimize your anxieties and feel more comfortable during your treatments:
- Talk with our dentists! In order to help you, we need to know that you feel uncomfortable or afraid. When we are aware of your fears, we can work with you to take precautions and make arrangements for your comfort.
- Bring music with you. A portable music player and headphones can block out fear-producing noises and help you relax.
- Agree on a signal in advance. Our dentists can watch for the signal, and will stop for a few minutes to check your comfort levels and help you readjust before continuing your treatment.
- Use a throat spray. Throat sprays can help control your gag reflex. Our dentists can recommend appropriate spays for you to purchase. Two or three sprays will usually be enough to keep your gag reflex from causing problems.
- Bring a mirror. Sometimes the worst part of your treatment is being unable to see what is happening. When you bring a mirror, you can observe your treatment and see exactly what our dentists are doing.
- Sedation dentistry. Cosmo Dental Office offers nitrous oxide to help you relax and remain calm. Many patients report feeling a “floating” or euphoric feeling while using this sedative.
- Ask about alternative treatments. As dentistry advances, more and more alternative treatments become available. Prior to receiving any treatment, discuss your treatment options with our dentists.
For more information and to make your appointment with our dentists, please contact our practice today.